Your website isn’t just to have an online presence, but it is part of your sales and marketing strategy. It shows your value and brings in revenue.
- Content: Does your content capture the attention of the right people? What is meant by that, is the content on your website tailored to what drives and motivates your target audience?
- Leads: Are you capturing the leads with forms? They can be your contact us form, learn more form, or it can be a gated content (content that a person needs to fill out a form to gain access). When you are capturing their emails, make sure you are getting the following:
- First and last name
- Email Address
- Their company name (if applicable)
- Job title (if appliable)
- Do you have strong Call to Actions (CTAs) on your pages? (Examples would be: try for free, read more, sign up now, download, so on). They should be up at the top, in the middle and at the bottom on your web pages. The CTA’s should be placed on different pages other than your homepage.
- Take a multi-channel approach to directing people back to your website for more information. Here are few ways:
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Invest in a CRM. Yes, a contact manager. This will help you track leads, identify sales opportunities, and manage customer interactions. Hubspot is one example. There are many others.
- Nurture your leads. It is not one and done. Not to give a lecture, not every person is ready to buy when they fill out a website form. Some are just interested in learning more, some just wanted to read your article, and most are just shopping around. Creating a lead nurturing program is essential to converting leads from your website efforts. That is where drip campaigns come in play.
- Test your website continually. You should have Google Analytics installed on your website. You should be seeing how many people visit, where they are coming fro, and how much time they are spending on your pages. There are various things you can test to see what works.
Your website needs the same love you give your email marketing campaigns or your social media platforms. It is not a set it and forget it. If you put effort into your website, you will reap the rewards ~ a website that is generating leads for your business.