When potential customers search for your business, what do they find?
Here’s how to do it as part of a SEO audit: (*this is applicable for performing local searches.)
Go to Google, but use your browser in incognito mode.
Search by what you do – not by your company name. For example, if you are a chiropractor, do these three:
“chiropractor near me,” and “chiropractic services, name of your city,” and “I need a chiropractor.”
- Does your website show up in the top 5? Or top 10?
- How about your Google My Business page – Does it show up on the right side of a Google Search? This is vital for Voice Search. (which accounts for 70% of local searches)
- What about your competitors? How are they ranking?
- You may discover your business appears on directory sites – like Yelp or Mapquest. Is the information about your company on those directory sites correct?
- Your social media channels – they should show up too. Do they all contain correct and consistent information about your business?
- What about reviews? Are they positive? Are there any negative reviews?
- Finally, your last search incognito would be searching your company name to see how your website ranks.
Let me know what you find.
#digitalmarketing #localSEO #website